Installation of a circular marine cofferdam in the canal to provide a dry working environment for the construction of the mass gravity concrete foundation for the new Media City Footbridge. Piles were installed around a pre-fabricated gate system that also provided the waling support for the cofferdam structure.
- Structural steelwork fabrication on site for the cofferdam waling frames.
- Installation of sheet pile and tubular piles.
- Marine support personnel and marine lifting barges provided to assist the bridge construction.
- Excavation within the cofferdam using long reach excavators on barges.
- Installation of mass concrete plug at the bottom of the cofferdam.